The Innovation Value Institute (IVI) at NUI Maynooth and the Council of European Professional Informatics Societies (CEPIS) have been tasked by the Directorate-General Enterprise and Industry of the European Commission, to contribute to the development of a European framework for ICT professionalism, which is ultimately aimed at fostering the competences and the mobility of ICT practitioners.
We are researching the following:
- The need for, and structure of, an ICT Professionalism framework.
- The impact of certification programmes on job mobility and career development.
- How competence frameworks are and can be used to develop ICT professionalism.
- What training and education is best suited to developing the CIO / ICT Manager of the future.
- The ethical considerations for an ICT profession.
- The Bodies of Knowledge (BoK) currently being used by ICT practitioners.